Reviews: Work based learning
4 reviews found for "Work based learning"
- Book review: Early years work-based learning
- This is a book review of Early years work-based learning edited by Penny Farrelly and published by Learning Matters in 2010, ISBN 9781844456154. It was reviewed by Margaret Simms on behalf of ESCalate. The aim of the book is to 'encourage and support students studying for a Foundation Degree in Early Years, Early Childhood Studies or Working with Children and Young People'. It seeks to 'address concerns and alleviate anxieties' as students...
- Book Review: Learning through Storytelling in Higher Education: Using Reflection and Experience to Improve Learning
- Learning through Storytelling in Higher Education is aimed at those students and professionals involved in higher education. It begins by introducing us to the authors’ own stories, tracing the history of their interest in story telling. It provides a useful resource for those seeking to build on experiences that students bring from the workplace by showing how to encourage reflection on stories and how to help students to learn from them
- Book Review: Pocket PAL: Newly Qualified Teachers
- Henry Liebling’s slim, pocket sized reference volume gives an overview of the issues facing those in their induction year and provides instant support to students. Much of the value of this book to its intended audience will surely come via the reassurances it will provide, that the issues addressed within are common to many teachers at this point in their career rather than being instead, the focus for personal self-doubt
- Book Review: Preparing to Teach in the Lifelong Learning Sector
- A review of the book 'Preparing to Teach in the Lifelong Learning Sector' by Ann Gravells. The book provides an introduction to teaching in the LifeLong education sector and covers the content of the Preparing to Teach in the Lifelong Learning Sector (PTLLS) Award at Level 3 and Level 4