Reviews: Large group teaching
3 reviews found for "Large group teaching"
- Book review : Classroom starters and plenaries : creative ideas for use across the classroom
- This is a book review of Classroom starters and plenaries : creative ideas for use across the classroom by Kate J. Brown, published by Continuum in 2009, ISBN 9781847065452. It was reviewed by Liane Purnell of Newman University College on behalf of ESCalate. Starters and plenaries are now established elements of good lesson planning. A good starter gets a class engaged right from the word go, challenges and motivates students and sets a positive...
- Book Review: Collective Wisdom
- This book mainly provides ‘tips and hints’ for effective teaching. 4 main themes within teaching practice are considered: assessment, large group teaching and lecturing, small group teaching and e-learning
- Book Review: Lecturing: Case Studies, Experience And Practice
- For those new to teaching, the book fills a gap that is often left unfilled given the weak inductions to learning and teaching in HE that seem to be the norm in Teacher Education departments. For the more experienced, this is a jolt that reminds us to continue, continue, continue to reflect, reflect, reflect and respond, respond, respond if we are to make lectures a worthwhile time for our students - and satisfying, even exciting, for us