Reviews: Further education
5 reviews found for "Further education"
- Book review : Improving learning cultures in Further Education : understanding how students learn
- This is a book review of Improving learning cultures in Further Education : understanding how students learn by David James and Gert Biesta published by Routledge in 2007, ISBN 9780415427364. It was reviewed by Catherine Carden of Canterbury Christ Church University on behalf of ESCalate. It is agreed that FE is an under-researched area of education and therefore this project has seized upon the chance to take a look into key areas affecting...
- Book Review: In at the deep end: a survival guide for teachers in post-compulsory education
- This is a book review of In at the Deep End: A Survival Guide for Teachers in Post-compulsory Education, by Jim Crawley, published by Routledge, 2010. 9780415499897 It was reviewed by Ms Anita Devi of the University of Northampton on behalf of ESCalate. The book is aimed at teachers in post-compulsory education, and is a day-to-day survival guide from a generic welcome to PCE to mastery
- Book Review: Preparing to Teach in the Lifelong Learning Sector
- A review of the book 'Preparing to Teach in the Lifelong Learning Sector' by Ann Gravells. The book provides an introduction to teaching in the LifeLong education sector and covers the content of the Preparing to Teach in the Lifelong Learning Sector (PTLLS) Award at Level 3 and Level 4
- Book Review: Raising Standards in Post-16 Education
- This vast integrated resource pack aims to offer 'a comprehensive guide to best practice at four leading Beacon Sixth Form Colleges'. It comes in the form of six DVDs and a users' guide. (It may also be purchased in video form, though some of the advantages of DVD are lost as a result). Users are also given a password allowing access to a dedicated website. Nine hours of video and documents offer linked examples of good practice in four college...
- Book Review: Reflective Teaching in Further and Adult Education
- The book is divided into three sections, concerned with Policy, Practice, and Evaluation. Theory, policy and practice are related throughout to the issues and concerns present in further and adult education today, so that the book presents an up-to-date, detailed description of these sectors of educational provision. The book includes examples of realistic teaching and learning situations and the resolution of the challenges within them. Each...