Resources: Virtual learning environments
7 resources found for "Virtual learning environments"
- Developing the use of computer-mediated communication (CMC) to facilitate reflective journal writing in the professional education of teachers – Online dialogue journals
- This project examines the use computer-mediated communication (CMC) to support reflective writing in the professional education of teachers in post-compulsory education. In a collaborative venture between three HEIs, the project examines the use of CMC to facilitate dialogue and reflection among a sample of teachers who are at different stages in their professional education, geographically dispersed and working in a range of differing contexts....
- Exploring the use of an on-line environment to develop the learning biographies of mature students on a foundation degree programme
- This is an ESCalate development project led by Alan Bainbridge of Canterbury Christ Church University College and completed in 2007. This project is seeking to investigate the use of a virtual learning environment (VLE) as a focus to discuss and develop the learning biographies/narratives of mature students on a foundation degree programme. Learning biographies are more usually shared and developed in an experiential group setting that...
- Integrating e-Learning in Initial Teacher Education
- This case study is based in the Teacher Education faculty at Bradford College and focuses on the Post Compulsory Education and Training (PCET) Programme
- Learning in the 21st Century
- A discussion of the challenges facing institutions, students and teachers, by a Gordon Freedman, Vice President of Blackboard, as published in the ESCalate bulletin in October 2007. It covers issues such as student engagement, globalisation, institutional accountability and revenue generation. It reports on a survey to learn from higher education leaders about their greatest challenges in achieving the goals of 21st century education. Readers...
- Starter guides for online learning and teaching
- Links to four guides published by The Learning and Teaching Support Network (LTSN) Generic Centre and the Association for Learning Technology (ALT). The titles of the guides are: Using the World Wide Web in Learning and Teaching, Virtual Learning Environments, Computer-mediated Conferencing, and Using Computer Assisted Assessment to support student learning. The guides can be downloaded either as rtf or pdf documents
- Supporting professional development using the VLE in the PGCE / Certificate in Education
- This case study is based in Coleg Glan Hafren and focuses on the Post-Compulsory Education and Training Programme franchised from the University of Wales, Newport (UWN). This is a case study into E-Learning Practice in the area of HE in FE. Funding was provided by DeL (JISC's Distributed e-Learning Programme). These case studies are intended to illustrate good/innovative practice in the delivery of HE in FE using e-learning. It concludes that...
- VLEs for Higher Education: Learning Theories and Modes of Delivery
- Presentation given at the ESCalate VLE conference, 3 February 2004, University of Nottingham.