Resources: Student retention
7 resources found for "Student retention"
- An ESCalate/Institute of Education Workshop on Teaching and Learning in Higher Education April 2003
- The ESCalate community will be invited to participate in this one-day workshop on learning and teaching in higher education at the Institute of Education, University of London. The focus for the day's events will be the dissemination of the results of a series of innovative projects on teaching and learning in higher education, funded by the HEFCE Teaching Quality Enhancement Fund. The project directors will lead workshops based on themes arising...
- Decision Making and Student Progression in Transition Project (udecide) : Proposal for Customised Materials for Selected Groups of Learners
- The aims of the udecide Project are: 1) To assist students in making appropriate educational decisions at key points in their lives; 2) To improve the retention of students in Higher Education from those areas and groups where participation in Higher education is low. The workshops provide assistance in considering how to make an appropriate educational decision; allow learners to analyse case studies to ascertain what makes a decision a success;...
- Enhancing the effectiveness of student feedback and support in a distance learning context
- This is an ESCalate development project led by Chris Kynch of St Martin's College and completed in 2002. Distance learning is seen as a popular flexible solution to learning while maintaining a job and other commitments. Nevertheless the drop out rate is typically high. One view is that only highly self motivated students succeed. Another is that students may 'acclimatise' to distance learning. Support and feedback could be important in this...
- First Year Experience in Continuing Education
- Abstracts and presentations of this two-day international conference addressing the subject of Student Retention in Continuing Education held in April 2006
- HELP - Higher Education Learning Partnerships
- The main areas of activity of this Centre for Excellence in Teaching and Learning are: HE in FE partnerships, Community of Practice & Knowledge Exchange, Blended Learning, Retention Progression & Transition, Work Based Learning, HE in FE Theory into Practice, HE in FE Management & Leadership
- Higher Education Academy first year experience action set
- This is an article from the ESCalate newsletter, issue 15, autumn 2009 by Karen Fitzgibbon. Karen offers an insight into the way Higher Education Academy Wales has engaged with HEIs to develop research strategies which have delivered solutions and suggestions for practice designed to address one of the most important issues in the higher education student experience: the first year. It also includes supporting articles
- Supporting STEM: providing intervention strategies for borderline ITE students in STEM subjects to increase their success
- This research aims to identify aspects of professional work which consistently challenge ITE students’ achievement in STEM (specifically mathematics and science) subjects, and prevent them reaching Qualified Teacher Status; and to implement intervention strategies to improve the success of borderline students. Building on analyses of ‘tracking data’ over several years, interventions are planned to maximise success of these students. The project...