Resources: Peer observation of teaching
5 resources found for "Peer observation of teaching"
- Bringing life to the material
- This is an article from the ESCalate newsletter, issue 11, summer 2008, by Doug Parkin, a Staff and Educational Development Manager at the London School of Hygiene and Tropical Medicine. He writes about the pitfalls and joys of being an educational programme assessor and the real pleasure of seeing a skilled teacher at work. He talks about assessing candidates on the Postgraduate Certificate in Learning and Teaching (PGCILT) introduced to support...
- Developing an Effective Peer Observation Scheme for part-time off-campus Continuing Education Tutors
- Research project investigating issues surrounding peer observation for part time, off campus tutors in CE and AE. Highlights practical issues (contact details, etc.) as well as the position of such tutors in terms of the institutions
- Interactive use of video conferencing in Initial Teacher Training
- This is an article from the ESCalate newsletter, issue 18, autumn 2010. Jan Machalaski of Bishop Grosseteste University College received a small award from ESCalate to share her idea about using video to help train teachers. This article tells her story
- Peer observation
- These guidelines have been prepared as a starting point for schools of education or education departments wishing to undertake peer observation of learning and teaching, particularly as preparation for a Subject Review. While the guidelines are designed to have general applicability to any department, the particular circumstances and the requirements of specific subjects will almost certainly mean that there will be variations in practice between...
- Peer Observation of Teaching
- This project was designed to follow-up the series of regional seminars on Peer Observation of Teaching that were held in 2000 to launch ESCALATE. We wanted to help facilitate a continuing debate about the use of peer observation as a developmental tool, particularly in Education Departments preparing for QAA Review. We were interested to discover whether any use had been made of the guidelines provided at the seminars and also made available on...