Resources: Mental health issues
8 resources found for "Mental health issues"
- Anxious learners? How the wisdom of those that have gone before and have become the successful senior academics of today can help transform the current student learning experience in Higher Education
- Julie Anderson of ESCalate presented a paper: Anxious learners? How the wisdom of those that have gone before and have become the successful senior academics of today can help transform the current student learning experience in Higher Education at the Society for Research into Higher Education (SRHE) Conference 2010. The slides are available for download
- Climbing trees and building dens : mental health and well-being in young adults and the long-term effects of childhood play experience
- This report arises from research conducted from October 2003 to April 2004. It complements the Forestry Commission’s ‘Newlands’ Project, which aimed to identify wasteland urban areas or abandoned rural woodland that can be developed into accessible, recreational woodland and maintained over time by supported local community groups (Jones, 2002). In order to understand the potential benefits of these developments, the Commission has been sought to...
- Exploring the psychological wellbeing of students in Higher Education
- This is an article from the ESCalate newsletter, issue 18, autumn 2010 by Daphne Evans. It looks at the psychological wellbeing of students in Higher Education. This is an important area for research because with increased numbers of young people entering higher education, interest in issues relating to the mental health and wellbeing of young people is also increasing
- Mental Health in Higher Education
- Mental Health in Higher Education (mhhe) is a project of the Higher Education Academy (HEA). It is a collaboration between the HEA subject centres for Education (ESCalate), Health Sciences and Practice (HSaP), Medicine, Dentistry and Veterinary Medicine (MEDEV), Psychology and Social Policy and Social Work (SWAP). mhhe aims to increase networking and the sharing of approaches to learning and teaching about mental health across the disciplines in...
- Mental Health in Initial Teacher Education
- Developing an understanding of emotional wellbeing and mental health is an essential component of initial teacher education – if learners are to be equipped both to support and nurture the mental health of pupils, and to enhance their own wellbeing and that of colleagues. With space in the curriculum at a premium, there is a need to consider how best this area of learning can be addressed. A number of initiatives have been developed to promote...
- New horizons: ESCalate and the Mental Health in Higher Education project
- This is an article from the ESCalate newsletter, summer 2010, celebrating 10 years of the subject centre. Jill Anderson writes about what happens when a well-established subject centre supports the work of an interdisciplinary project to achieve remarkable results. It details the work of ESCalate in supporting the Mental Health in Higher Education project
- Trainee teachers' physical and mental wellbeing
- This is an article from the ESCalate newsletter, issue 18, autumn 2010 by Jan Huyton and Lalage Sanders of UWIC (University of Wales Institute, Cardiff) about an ESCalate funded project. It details how the project is looking at the provision given to trainee teachers' physical and mental wellbeing, at university and during their school experience
- Troublesome encounters
- This is an article from the ESCalate newsletter, issue 18, autumn 2010 by Gina Wisker and Charlotte Morris of the University of Brighton. It details an ESCalate funded project that is investigating factors in the learning of masters and doctoral students in education which impact on wellbeing