Resources: Literacy skills
3 resources found for "Literacy skills"
- 'Wordle soup - how to make feedback more nourishing'
- This is an ESCalate Hot Topic by Rebecca Bell of Nottingham Trent University on using the web tool ‘Wordle’ to help students make sense of their feedback. This approach would work by encouraging students to submit all of their module, term or even year’s feedback into Wordle (simple cut and paste). The output then consists of a visually appealing ‘word cloud’ with the most common words prominently displayed, helping students to identify their key...
- Developing collaborative academic writing communities and a collaborative writer's toolbox
- This is an ESCalate development grant for a project awarded to Jane Speedy of the University of Bristol The aim of this project is to promote the discussion and development of writing styles and identities as a creative, collaborative aspect of life in the academy for staff and students alike. A practical outcome will be the generation of web-based learning materials, together with an ESCalate publication, that can be used by staff and...
- The freedom to write
- This is an article from the ESCalate newsletter, summer 2010, celebrating 10 years of the education subject centre. Rebecca Turner explains how the collaboration between ESCalate and the HELP CETL provided invaluable support for scholarly activity amongst staff at the University of Plymouth Colleges