Resources: Higher education institutions
4 resources found for "Higher education institutions"
- Looking back, looking forward
- This is an article from the ESCalate newsletter written by Alison Jackson and published in autumn 2007. The article talks about the creation of the University of Cumbria and ESCalate support for the ITE community from the new university and includes general activities carried out during 2006/07 that have contributed to a service which has been appreciated by the ITE community
- National services and programmes : useful links
- This webpage, produced and hosted by the Higher Education Academy, contains links to the home pages of a range of national education services, associations and programmes
- The first year experience : support for HEIs
- This is an article in the ESCalate newsletter, issue 15, autumn 2009. Karen Fitzgibbon offers us an insight into the way Higher Education Academy Wales has engaged with HEIs to develop research strategies which have delivered solutions and suggestions for practice designed to address one of the most important issues in the HE student experience: the first year. It is presented as PDF download of 2 pages
- The work of teacher education
- This is an ESCalate themed funding project in the area of Teacher Educators for the 21st Century led by Viv Ellis of the University of Oxford. The project aims to provide original insights into the institutional conceptualisations of teacher education as academic work and the practical activities undertaken by this category of higher education worker. The study will have relevance for the organisational development of HE education departments and...