Resources: Formative assessment
5 resources found for "Formative assessment"
- An ESCalate/Institute of Education Workshop on Teaching and Learning in Higher Education April 2003
- The ESCalate community will be invited to participate in this one-day workshop on learning and teaching in higher education at the Institute of Education, University of London. The focus for the day's events will be the dissemination of the results of a series of innovative projects on teaching and learning in higher education, funded by the HEFCE Teaching Quality Enhancement Fund. The project directors will lead workshops based on themes arising...
- Developing formative assessment using ICTs in education
- The aim of this project is to develop practical formative assessment strategies using Information and Communication Technologies (ICTs) on undergraduate and higher degree Education courses, in order to improve students’ learning. The project is funded by the Higher Education Funding Council for England (HEFCE) as part of Phase 5 of Fund for the Development of Teaching and Learning programme (FDTL5). It includes a project outline document
- Learning Logs
- Details the use of a learning log by a group of students. Includes student feedback and tutor reflections with practical information about the use of learning logs
- Starting an Adult Learning session with a Quiz
- Describes the theory behind, construction and use of a learning quiz (formative or summative) for post graduate education students
- Tipping out the Boot Grit: the use of on-going feedback devices to enhance feedback dialogue
- This is an ESCalate Pedagogy and Practice grant awarded in June 2010 to Jan McArthur of the University of Edinburgh. In order to promote good feedback, dialogue between students and lecturers should be encouraged. With modern pressures affecting Higher Education, this can be difficult to achieve. By introducing feedback devices at multiple points throughout the 'Feedback Loop', students can be encouraged to engage in a two-way dialogue which...