Resources: Distance learning
4 resources found for "Distance learning"
- An online learning environment
- Describes the theory and some practicalities behind the setting up of a multimedia course for teachers working in the field of gifted and talented pupils
- Distant learning : a study tour in New South Wales
- Keith Webb is Director of the FDTL 5 Project, “Associate Online”, and is based in the School of Education and Professional Development at the University of Huddersfield. In 2007 Keith was funded by an ESCalate Development Grant to undertake a study tour of New South Wales, Australia, designed to inform further development of the project. This report details the lessons learned including the fact that the evidence-led approaches to cultivating...
- E-Research: using multimedia for research methods teaching and learning
- This is an ESCalate development project led by Vic Lally of the University of Sheffield and completed in August 2006. The Project has the key aim of a national dissemination of new methodologies for designing and developing on-line multimedia materials that effectively support the learning and teaching of Research Methods in Education and Social Sciences, particularly in distance learning and e-learning contexts. The Project will evaluate...
- Enhancing the effectiveness of student feedback and support in a distance learning context
- This is an ESCalate development project led by Chris Kynch of St Martin's College and completed in 2002. Distance learning is seen as a popular flexible solution to learning while maintaining a job and other commitments. Nevertheless the drop out rate is typically high. One view is that only highly self motivated students succeed. Another is that students may 'acclimatise' to distance learning. Support and feedback could be important in this...