Resources: Access to education
3 resources found for "Access to education"
- Access student perceptions of factors that impact upon their learning journey
- This is an ESCalate student grant awarded to Laura Mears of the University of Wales Institute, Cardiff. The aim of this project will be to discover the motivations and barriers experienced by adult learners returning to study, in order to further develop both institutional and individual understanding. This topic is particularly relevant due to the prominence of lifelong learning in the current political and socio-economic landscape
- The hidden carers in today's society
- There 2 Care is an educational DVD resource for teachers, teacher educators and student teachers who want to come to a better understanding of the lives of young carers and how best to support them. It is made using animated characters created by a group of Young Carers in Plymouth with the Young Carers Project based at the Zone (a stand alone young people’s service) and is introduced by Dr Roger Morgan, the Children’s Rights Director for...
- There 2 Care
- There 2 Care is 7 minute film about young carers that explores their lives, what jobs they do, they challenges they face and what concerns them. A group of young carers helped to make it in conjunction with Where's Lunch Productions and Guide Dog Productions with the advice of a group of young carer workers from The Zone, Plymouth City Council. It tells the stories of how they became young carers, the people they look after, how this affects...