Getting that job
Section 9 - Making applications
'Making applications' covers the process of applying for a job, from producing your CV to filling in application forms to applying online.
- Information on the different types of application
- Evaluating mock CVs in order to improve your own
- Writing your CV with the help of some sample CVs
- How to improve parts of your CV
- Practice completing a standard application form
- What should be in a covering letter?
- Information about online applications
- Looking at your priorities
Section 10 - Interviews
- 'Interviews' provides information for how to do well at interviews for general graduate positions.
- How to prepare yourself for an interview
- Video clips of mock interviews to help you improve your performance
- Guidelines covering how to dress for interviews
- Looking at answering some common interview questions
- Tips for how to handle telephone interviews
Section 11 - Education interviews
'Education interviews' focuses on how interviews for teaching posts differ from those for other graduate jobs.
- Questions you may be asked at interview
- Advice on how to succeed at an education interview
- Other types of assessment that may be used
- Understanding the differences between schools and types of lesson
Section 12 - Assessment centres
'Assessment centres' looks at what you may be expected to do if you attended an assessment centre run by a large graduate recruiter.
- Details of the different activities that are used
- A written individual exercise
- Information on where to find practice psychometric tests
- An example of a written group task
- An example of a 'survival' type group task