In order to maximise your plans and options, it would be a good idea to get the most from your university Careers Service if you have access to one. This includes ensuring that you are aware of possible recruitment fair dates and the recruitment periods of any firms to which you may be interested in applying.
You should find the answers to the following questions.
- What is the name of your Careers Advisor?
- In addition to scheduled appointments, is there a 'drop in' facility?
- What is included in your Careers Service website
- Can you obtain careers advice on line?
- How are forthcoming recruitment fairs advertised at your University?
- Does your Careers Service produce a vacancy bulletin, if so, how often and in what forms is it available?
You should choose two or three companies that you are interested in and keep a note of any important recruitment dates in order to remind yourself of when to apply.