- The Subject Centre for Education (ESCalate) is committed to ensuring the privacy of all personal data and maintaining the security of any personal information we may hold about you. We strictly adhere to the requirements of the Privacy and Electronic Communications (EC Directive) the aim of which is the "protection of fundamental rights and freedoms, and in particular the right to privacy, with respect to the processing of personal data in the telecommunications sector."
- The purpose of this statement is to make clear what personal information we collect and how we use it.
Use of registered information
- When you register with the ESCalate site, we retain details of your name, email, telephone and postal addresses, institutional affiliation, and whether you are acting as an ESCalate contact who is prepared to provide information about ESCalate activities to your immediate colleagues.
- We use the registration process to facilitate easy booking of places for conferences and other ESCalate events and to verify that those seeking to attend ESCalate and associated events are bone fide members of the HE community.
- We use your personal details to contact you with information about ESCalate activities, services and resources, unless you choose not to be notified.
- We compile a list of attendees for each ESCalate event. This list includes name and email contacts of attendees and is made available to all attendees at the event. When you register online for an event, you have the opportunity to enter your chosen personal details for that specific event. Alternatively you may choose to withhold personal information that you do not wish us to include on a list of delegates. In all other circumstance, we will not disclose your personal details or share any of the information we hold about you with any third party.
- We do not collect any information about you from any other source.
- We follow strict rules within the ESCalate team office to ensure safe storage of information and to prevent unauthorised access to databases and all other forms of personal information.
- The ESCalate website and its associated databases are hosted on a secure server in a professionally managed datacentre with 24-hour surveillance and controlled entry mechanisms. Secure communications channels (SSL and SSH) are used for transferring sensitive data over the network.
Statistical information gathering
- We use technology which is familiar and common to commercial and educational institutions, to monitor the patterns of activity across the ESCalate website and to assess the impact and effectiveness of the activities that ESCalate provides. The data collected for this purpose does not include personal names or details that could identify you individually.
Access to and removal of your personal data
- The ESCalate website is designed to enable you to maintain the accuracy of the data we hold about you and you can remove all your personal details by contacting us.
- Most browsers can be configured to accept or reject cookies, or to warn you each time a cookie is set. Each browser is different, so check the Help menu for more information specific to your browser. Please note the ESCalate website only requires "session" cookies for its personalised features - these are not permanently saved on your computer and expire as soon as you close your browser.
- Please note, if you choose to reject cookies, you will not be able use the online registration facilities nor benefit from other features that require your particular computer to be identified.
- You can find more information on cookies at http://www.cookiecentral.com/faq/
Data Protection Registration
- ESCalate and its web hosting provider Simplicity Web Services Ltd. are registered with the Data Protection authorities.
If you have any queries about this privacy statement please contact us at email@example.com