Third Annual ESCalate Student Conference: Employability and Enterprise in Education
|Date(s)||Monday 11 April 2011|
Liverpool Hope University
Map (Google Maps)
|Organised by||ESCalate and Liverpool Hope University|
|In partnership with|
Building on the success of previous years, we are holding our Third Student Conference at Liverpool Hope University on Monday 11th April 2011 from approximately 10am-4pm.
We are very pleased to announce that Dr Paul Redmond - Head of Careers & Employability at the University of Liverpool - has confirmed he will give the keynote speech, so it promises to be a fascinating and rewarding event.
Who is it for?
This is an all day event for staff and students (undergraduate, postgraduate and doctoral) working in all fields of Education.
Aims of the Conference
In today’s labour market graduates are finding it increasingly hard to step onto the career ladder. We hope to explore and discuss the ways in which students in Education can give themselves a competitive edge in the jobs market and how academic institutions can facilitate this development.
The conference will bring together a range of perspectives and initiatives from academics, students and professionals to dissect and examine what employability and enterprise skills mean in the context of graduates in Education. We will be hearing from employers on their expectations of the skills and attributes a graduate should possess.
The conference will comprise a series of parallel sessions with case studies, research, and a wide variety of perspectives on themes including but not limited to:
- enterprise in education
- embedding employability
- workplace learning in HE
- engaging employers
As in previous years, we will also be running a poster session to give students the opportunity to share with delegates their opinions and insights on the key themes outlined above and more. There will be prizes on the day for winning posters.
The day promises to be a professionally and personally rewarding one.
Registration is open and space is limited. To reserve your place, please:
1. Register / request registration online.
2. Make your cheque or purchase order out to the University of Bristol, and include your name and institution.
3. Please send all payments to:
University of Bristol
Graduate School of Education
35 Berkeley Square
4. Alternatively, you may pay by credit card by calling Bianca at 0117 331 4291. Please be prepared to give your name (as it appears on the card), your billing address, your postal address (if different), the card's number, start date, expiration date, 3 digit security code, and issue number (if applicable).
Please note you cannot assume your registration has been accepted until you have received confirmation from ESCalate via email that we have received payment. If ESCalate has not received payment within four weeks of your online registration date we will cancel your registration.
Liverpool Hope University offer on-campus accommodation at reasonable rates if you wish to stay overnight. They offer a B&B rate of £35 (plus VAT) per person, and a student B&B rate of £20 (plus VAT) per person. They also offer a Room Only rate of £30 (plus VAT) per person, and a student Room Only rate of £15 (plus VAT) per person. For more details or to book, please contact the Liverpool Hope University accommodation office on 0151 291 3408 or email@example.com.
The conference is taking place in the Education and Enterprise (EDEN) Building in the Hope Park campus of Liverpool Hope University which is situated just 4 miles from Liverpool city centre.
- 1 mile from the end of the M62, with links to the M6 and the M57
- 4 miles from Liverpool city centre
- 5 miles from Liverpool John Lennon Airport
- 1.4 miles from Mossley Hill Rail Station; a 25 minute walk or a quick bus ride away (61/161 bus service from Mossley Hill Rail Station to Hope Park, Taggart Avenue)
- 200 metres to nearest shops, restaurants and public houses