ESCalate Bulletin No. 47 (14 April 2010)
- Additional round of ESCalate funding open for bids - May 26th
- Are you looking for Inspiration? FE Practitioners read on...
- University of Kent: e-PDP & Employability event on May 10th
- 1st TEAN Annual Conference: 'The Importance of Education' on May 21st
- Using e-portfolios in Teacher Education (LLS) Workshop on May 28th
- 'Using dialogue as an assessment tool' an invitation to take part in a research workshop on June 4th
- Student Events Page
Additional round of ESCalate funding open for bids - May 26th
We have decided to offer an additional date for our Pedagogy and Practice awards - May 26th 2010. All bids must be in by 9am and there are three awards of £5K each.
Are you looking for Inspiration? FE Practitioners read on...
Registration is still open for the JISC/ESCalate HE in FE Conference: Inspiration for Practice to be held at the Trident Centre, Warwickshire on May 26th 2010.
We are delighted to welcome John Storan, Director of Continuum at the University of East London who will be delivering the keynote speech that outlines his personal views on Widening Participation.
Parallel sessions will run throughout the day with topics such as:
- The e-portfolio: mapping, tracking and tagging evidence of progress
- Dual identities: enhancing the in-service teacher trainee experience in the lifelong learning sector
- Blackpool Elluminations: the use of Elluminate in blended learning
- Quality Assurance processes for Higher Education within a College of Further Education in Northern Ireland
Registration closes on May 7th. We hope to see you there
University of Kent: e-PDP & Employability event on May 10th
A one day event at University of Kent to promote the work of the project team linking e-portfolios, Personal Development Planning (e-PDP) and employability. For more information and to register on line go to http://escalate.ac.uk/6865
1st TEAN Annual Conference: 'The Importance of Education' on May 21st
Supported by ESCalate this TEAN (Teacher Education Advancement Network) event at Glasgow Caledonian University will build on the five ITE conferences presented for ESCalate. There is an ongoing need for a dedicated forum for Teacher Education research and scholarly activity and this conference will showcase contributions from colleagues across the UK.
For further information and to register for this conference please visit:
Using e-portfolios in Teacher Education (LLS) Workshop on May 28th
This workshop to be held at Learning South West in Taunton and is a collaboration between ESCalate, SWitch CETT and the JISC RSC. It will offer the opportunity to explore pedagogic and practical implications for learning and teaching in a digital age. There will be a mix of practitioner presentations - Julie Hughes and Maggie Hazeldine, access to resources, hands-on opportunities in an IT suite supported by the SWitch CETT and IfL colleagues For more details and to register please visit: http://escalate.ac.uk/6736
'Using dialogue as an assessment tool' an invitation to take part in a research workshop on June 4th
This is part of an ESCalate funded project headed up by Ruth Pilkington at University of Central Lancashire. The project team would like to invite colleagues to a workshop on 4th June 2010 to establish with us how dialogue can be used:
• To assess knowledge
• To assess practice
• To evidence reflection on practice
Colleagues are invited to bring along models and materials, posters and fliers of their current practice in using of dialogue. Please email Ruth with details.
For bookings please email RMHPilkington@uclan.ac.uk and add the subject 'Workshop Booking’. For more information please visit: http://escalate.ac.uk/6876
Student Events Page
The ESCalate student pages now include an events page which solely advertise events for students!
Check http://escalate.ac.uk/students/events to keep up-to-date with the latest student events.