Newsletter Issue 7 - Spring 2007
|Date Published||Winter 2007|
- Social Justice of Workspaces - Margaret Simms.
- Centres for Excellence in Teaching and Learning (CETLs) - Bob Hunter.
- Stressed at Work - Not Me? - Anon.
- Communities of practice and routes into teacher education: research findings from the University of Huddersfield Consortium for PCET - Penny Noel.
- Higher Education and People with Learning Difficulties - Craig Blyth.
- The use of ‘Videopapers’ in professional learning and assessment - Elisabeth Lazarus.
- In Conversation with Chris Bryan (College of St Mark & St John, not University of Plymouth).
ESCalate welcomes David Sadler as the incoming Director of Networks for the Higher Education Academy. Crucially, an increasing part of the work of subject centres is to create discipline specific responses to national agendas. Supporting and guiding the network’s collaborative approaches to the national scene is just one part of the director’s role. David’s previous experience as a subject centre Director and as a Dean of Faculty in a thriving university is invaluable in helping ESCalate staff develop and deliver our annual programme of activity....
NB. Please note that there is an inaccuracy in the printed newsletters. Chris Bryan is actually from College of St Mark & St John, and not University of Plymouth as we had accidently stated. We apologise for any inconvenient caused.