The Higher Education Role in Integrated Children’s Services: Preparing Tomorrow’s Professionals
|Date(s)||Monday 26 November 2007|
|Venue||Manchester Conference Centre, & Days Hotel, University of Manchester|
The conference aims to:
- inform and raise awareness of key issues for Higher Education providers and partner organisations around the Integrated Children’s Service agenda
- encourage and facilitate discussion around effective practice, barriers and solutions to managing cross-organisational and interprofessional change
- showcase educational initiatives and provide opportunity for discussion and development
- develop the ICS-HE network by providing opportunity for participants to meet, share ideas and experiences and gain further information about the Project activities
- provide a forum for discussion between representatives from Higher Education and those from a range of stakeholder groups involved in Integrated Children’s Services including employer, regulatory, service and professional organisations.
The conference fee is £55. To book your place click here
The day conference includes two sessions in which Higher Education initiatives will be showcased through ten minute presentations. Expressions of interest are invited from individuals and teams who:
a) are involved with effective and current CURRICULUM INITIATIVES that prepare learners for integrated working in practice with children and their families. These include interprofessional or uni-professional programmes and may be large or small scale initiatives.
b) are developing working practices through ORGANISATIONAL DEVELOPMENT within their higher education institution and/or with partners to meet the integrated children's service agenda.
Presentations will be grouped, and delivered in parallel. In addition selected presentations will be published as part of the conference report. If you would like to submit a proposal for a presentation at the conference please download a submission form from the top right of this page.
Completed forms should be returned to Judy McKimm (ICS-HE Network Co-ordinator) at email@example.com by Monday 8 October 2007.
If you have any queries about the project or the conference please contact Judy.
Further details and a full conference programme will be available shortly.
Please see http://icshe.escalate.ac.uk/1300 for further details