The Changing Landscape of HE in FE: An International Perspective
|Date(s)||Wednesday 20 June 2007|
|Venue||20 June 2007 - Iris Murdoch Centre - University of Stirling|
The HE in FE “sector” is highly diverse and complex. Over recent years it has been subjected to a number of initiatives and requirements that are shaping current practices and developments. For example, within the UK as a whole, the Leitch Report and the Further Education and Training Bill provide impetus for an HE learning environment that places greater emphasis on employer engagement and learner choice. In addition, dual professional standards have emerged for HE in FE practitioners, from LLUK and the Higher Education Academy.
This event provides the opportunity to reflect upon these changes and to consider the wider international context within which HE is being delivered within FE environments.
Particular consideration will be given to issues such as:
- Sectoral drivers
- Teacher training developments and requirements
- Government policy for post-compulsory education
- Governance and funding International dimensions of HE in FE delivery
- Dr Gavin Moodie: Griffith University, Australia
- Professor Elisabeth Lillie: University of Ulster
- Dr Roy Canning: University of Stirling
- Ms Linda Caudell: Truro College