The First Year Experience in Continuing Education
|Date(s)||Monday 24-Tuesday 25 April 2006|
|Venue||University of Stirling, Scotland|
|Organised by||ESCalate and University of Stirling|
A two-day international conference addressing the subject of Student Retention in Continuing Education.
Please see recently updated flyer, programme and application form, for more details and to apply to attend this event.
- Identify influential factors within the first year experience for the retention of CE students
- Identify and/or elicit effective institutional strategies for improving retention
- Report on the first year experience in CE from the perspective of the diverse participant groups, with a view to informing the development of future retention strategies.
- Dr Betsy Barefoot, Co-Director and Senior Scholar for the Policy Center on the First Year of College, Brevard, North Carolina.
- Professor Máirtin Ó Fathaigh, Director of the Centre for Adult Continuing Education, University College Cork.
- Professor Jim Gallagher, Professor of Lifelong Learning and Co-director of the Centre for Research in Lifelong Learning, Glasgow Caledonian University.
- Dr Jocey Quinn, School of Education and Lifelong Learning, Exeter University
- Standard rate £250 - inclusive of accommodation, conference dinner and Ceilidh.
- Full non-residential £175 - with conference dinner and Ceilidh.
- Full non-residential £150 - without conference dinner.
- Daily rate £75
- Conference dinner (Monday 24th) and Ceilidh £25.
Please contact Dr Derek Young for more information.
Dr Derek Young, DAICE
Aithrey Castle, University of Stirling, Stirling, FK9 4LA, Scotland
Phone: 01786 467949, Fax: 01786 466131