Research to Reality: Early Childhood Studies Degree Network
|Date(s)||Tuesday 14 March 2006|
|Venue||Woburn House, London|
|Organised by||ESCalate, Early Childhood Studies Degree Network|
This is the second conference from the Early Childhood Studies Degree Network, following on from a highly successful London Conference in 2004. It is aimed at all of those who are involved with the degrees across the UK, both students and academics, but also practitioners in early years settings and policy makers.
The Conference Focus will be on the academic study of early childhood and its relationship to professional and workforce development.
- Baroness Morris of Yardley, Chair, Children’s Workforce Development Council.
- Dr Carmen Dalli, Senior Lecturer, Director of the Institute for Early Childhood Studies at Victoria of Wellington.
- Angela Anning, Emeritus Professor of Early Childhood Education, University of Leeds.
The day will include keynote presentations plus parallel sessions and workshops on current and ongoing research.
The cost of the conference, which will include lunch is as follows:
- £70 if the booking is received by 30th January 2006.
- £85 for applications after the 30th January 2006.
- £25 for a limited number of places for students registered on Early Childhood Studies Degree courses
Please send a cheque or purchase order along with your booking form to confirm booking.
We understand that universities can take a while to raise official purchase orders and cheques; therefore to ensure that you benefit from the early bird offer, can you please send through with your application form, details of how you intend to pay if you are unable to get your university to raise the official paperwork in time. Please note that we will need the official paperwork by the end of February or the earlier discount will be void, and you will have to pay the full conference rate of £85.
ECS event sponsored by the Higher Education Subject Centre ESCalate, supported by the Subject Centres for Social Work and Social Policy (SWAP), and Health, Sciences and Practice.
We are delighted that this event will be supported by representatives from DfES, CWDC and TDA.
Queries to Jane Tuffill on 0117 331 4291 or Jane.Tuffill@bris.ac.uk