Research skills enhancement for vocational Lifelong Learning Professionals in HE
|Grant type:||Development (2000-08)|
|Leader(s):||Professor Geoff Chivers|
|Organisation:||Centre for Hazard and Risk Management, Loughborough University|
|Start Date:||1 June 2001|
|End Date:||28 February 2002|
|Interim report received:||20 January 2009|
|Final report received:||20 January 2009|
The vocational lifelong learning (VLL) network of the Universities Association/or Continuing Education has identified a major concern among Network members that their professional development to date has not included a significant focus on academically orientated research and publications in their field. For many such university continuing education staff their career progression now depends in part on success in such research. Increasingly they need to support the research of CE students in vocational fields.
This proposal is intended to address these concerns by setting up a Thematic Initiative Group to identify development needs and organise a series of workshops generating documents aimed at competence enhancement in practical aspects of conducting research in VLL and achieving publication in well regarded academic journals, and supporting research students.
- June 2001 First meeting of project team. Planning of workshop dates and materials, and publicity.
- August 2001 Second meeting of project team to finalise workshop Contents required, and publicity flyer. Distribution of publicity.
- September 2001 Third meeting of project team to approve workshop programmes, manuals and plan evaluation procedure.
- October 2001 Presentation of Workshop 1.
- November 2001 Presentation of Workshop 2.
- December 2001 Presentation of Workshop 3.
- January 2002 Conduct evaluation.
- February 2002 Analyse evaluation results, modify workshop manuals and workshop programme and write project report for submission to ESCalate team.